1. To demonstrate how reducing the overall waste stream, including hazardous household waste is a vital tool in waste management
2. To show how to identify the 4 types of hazardous household waste, and focus on safe disposal
3. To reinforce the waste management concept of the three “R”s: reduce, reuse, and recycle
4. To show how choices about Reduce and Re-use in waste management can affect a community and the environment..
5. To demonstrate that one person’s actions do make a difference, either in a negative or positive way