Health and Body Confidence Classes (6-9)
Help students reduce body shame and understand that body image means seeing and embracing who they really are.
1. To define body image and body shaming.
2. To normalize body insecurity as something that most teenagers experience.
3. To brainstorm where our ideas of “beauty” and “attractiveness” come from.
4. To observe the negative consequences of body shaming.
5. To help students recognize that healthy body image is about seeing and embracing the real you.
Download Flyer to share
“CLIMB delivers engaging and relevant performances that keep kids talking and applying what they’ve learned.”Melanie Jiskra, principal
Length: 40 minutes
Max audience size: 35 per class
Max classes per day: 7
Price: $639/per day of classes, plus travel
Middle school can be tough on kids who are going through puberty, searching for their identity, and learning to become comfortable in their own skin. At the same time, the media creates unrealistic expectations about what their bodies are supposed to look like. This class helps students reject the body shame that is so pervasive in our culture, and empowers them to love and accept themselves for who they really are.
“The messages were so powerful and real that I saw students watching intently to see what would happen next.”Barbie Smith, Northdale Middle SchoolSCHEDULE NOW