Global Warming Classes (6-9)
Filled with factual information about global climate change, this class helps students to challenge their own assumptions and make decisions that have a positive impact on the world.
1. To assess students’ opinions on whether global climate change is happening as a result of human actions and how strongly they feel about it.
2. To encourage students to look critically at the sources of their opinions and information.
3. To share with students basic scientific information about climate change.
4. To share some possible consequences of global climate change.
5. To explore actions that people can take to care for the environment, whether or not they believe that humans are causing global climate change.
Download Flyer to share
“CLIMB’s programs are excellent at dealing with critical issues in a concise, clear manner that is accurately tailored to the age level of the audience.”Robin Howard, dean of students
Length: 40 minutes
Max audience size: 35 per class
Max classes per day: 7
Price: $639/per day of classes, plus travel
Global climate change can be a controversial topic. This class addresses it in a positive and thought-provoking way. It challenges students to consider where their opinions come from before making conclusions, and presents factual information about climate change. At the end of the day, students are encouraged to take steps to care for the environment–regardless of their opinion on global climate change.
“It can be challenging to find a good way to talk to middle school students about these serious topics and keep their interest but you definitely did. Thank you!”Amy Oian, school social workerSCHEDULE NOW