Assertive Behavior Classes (Pre-K)
Setting boundaries in a kind but firm way is one of the most important social skills any child can master. This class teaches preschoolers how.
1. To identify what the emotions sad, mad, and happy look like.
2. To teach students to speak in “loud and proud” voices when they need to be assertive.
3. To practice saying, “Don’t ____. I don’t like that.” in response to negative behavior.
4. To reinforce that if students feel scared, they should tell their teacher or a parent/guardian.
5. To reinforce curriculum by practicing the aphabet song.
Download Flyer to share
“CLIMB’s visits are among some of the most unique and beneficial experiences offered to the children and families in our program.”Deanna Henrich, Mounds View ECFE
Length: 30 minutes
Max audience size: 35 per class
Max classes per day: 7
Price: $639/per day of classes, plus travel
Joey loves preschool, and he’s excited to share all the cool things he’s learning, like the alphabet song: A B C D E F G H I J K…K! K is for Kyla, a girl in Joey’s class who keeps taking Joey’s things and calling him names. Joey is feeling sad, but the Expert Preschoolers (played by the students) know just what to do! With the help of Joey’s mom, students will show Joey how to respond assertively and safely to negative behavior.
“The performance was age-appropriate and the children were engaged. Every year our teachers are thrilled to have CLIMB!”Angie McGinnis, preschool coordinatorSCHEDULE NOW