Acceptance of Differences Classes (K-6)
Prevent prejudice and create an environment of acceptance in your school.
K-2 Educational Objectives
1. To differentiate between “same” and different.”
2. To encourage students to identify physical and non-physical differences and similarities.
3. To perform a scenario of non-acceptance and brainstorm ways to solve it.
4. To show that differences make life richer.
3-6 Educational Objectives
1. To introduce the concept of commonality.
2. To identify the attributes, tastes, and activities that students have in common.
3. To share scenarios in which prejudice is shown.
4. To explore the consequences of prejudice.
5. To encourage students to be accepting of others.
“You did such a great job of involving the kids and making them feel comfortable. Totally interactive!”Kami Miller, 6th grade teacher
Length: 40 minutes
Max audience size: 35 per class
Max classes per day: 7
Price: $639/per day of classes, plus travel
CLIMB offers two acceptance of differences classes–one for grades K-2 and one for grades 3-6. In these classes, students learn that differences make life richer. Even though someone might come from a background that is different from what is familiar, students will discover that they have more in common with their peers than they might think, and see that diversity is to be celebrated, not feared.
“Highly engaging and effective. The topic has already come up twice today since the presentation.” Bridget Farrell, 3rd grade teacherSCHEDULE NOW