Admin Employment Opportunities
CLIMB Theatre is a robust educational, not for profit, theater company in Minnesota serving over 220,000 children a year with high quality educational theater productions geared to important issues K-12. CLIMB is 42 years old in 2017.
CLIMB creates and sells productions to schools, solicits and receives grants, is recognized as a leader by the Minnesota State Arts Board, has individual donors, and runs one of the state’s largest charitable gaming operations as a way of supporting the theater’s work and being engaged in local communities around the state.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Bookkeepers job duties include working closely with our Managing Director, Production Manager and Director of Sales and Engagement to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, manage day-to-day transactions, and make journal entries as appropriate. Our ideal candidate is willing to take initiative and ownership of their role within the organization, is inquisitive and able to confidently make decisions. In addition to this, the candidate should be able to prioritize, deal with interruptions and manage deadlines with little supervision. Strong communications skills are a must.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
• Take ownership of organization’s Bookkeeping
• Manage AP and daily transactions
• Collaborate with other Staff on AR, per diems, and payroll
• Make Journal entries as necessary
• Record transactions – credit card, banking, etc.
• Make deposits and transfers in a timely manner
• Reconcile regularly and monitor cash flows.
• Manage invoicing for shared expenses with building tenants
• Consult with external accountant as necessary
• Must be very familiar with QuickBooks desktop (PC), including credit card function, Classes, Customer:Jobs.
• Must have basic knowledge of Accrual Accounting and GAAP
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills necessary
• Non-profit and/or Arts/Education experience a plus
• Basic understanding of grant income and restricted assets a plus.
HOURS: 12-15 hours per week; could be more depending on desire and ability to take on additional duties.
COMPENSATION: negotiable based on experience.
TO APPLY: Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org